Things I learned from my first Triathlon
1. The pool is cold. Get over it.
2. S*** happens. Keep going.
3. Don’t lean on your right handle bar on your crappy used bike because it will cause the gear cylinder to malfunction and your bike will refuse to change gears. (that’s a big one)
4. Hydrate. Hydrate. Hydrate. Pee. Pee. Pee.
5. Hair is super unruly when you swim + run to a transition area. Braid it.
6. Yay for sunscreen!
7. Running shorts are probably a better choice than spandex crop pants on a race day. Pulling on spandex pants when wet does not work out so well.
8. Having friends there to support you is awesome. It feels so good to have a crowd cheering you over the finish line (thanks amanda, kelly, erin, matt & jeff)
9. Sweet Ce-Ce’s gives out coupons but they don’t open until 3 hours after the race is done. So have a post-race treat back up plan.
10. Finishing a race feels amazing!